SuSE 9.0 and the intel extreme chip

  • Christopher TenHarmsel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2003
      Hi all,
      Previously I had mandrake 9.0 on this laptop (Inspiron 1100) and had
      downloaded (and successfully installed and used) the drivers from Intel for
      the Intel Extreme graphics chip in here, had 3d working and everything.

      Now that I've upgraded to SuSE 9.0, I can't get those drivers or the ones from
      the DRI project (which the intel ones were based on, dri.sourceforge.net) to
      work right. Has anyone else successfully gotten OpenGL acceleration working
      with SuSE 9.0 and the 1100 (or other laptop using the Intel Extreme family of
      chipsets)?

      THanks,
      Chris