Reporting success on i8k5 Suspend/Resume linux-2.6.0-test6!!!

  • Pere Castañer
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2003
      Hi all!

      I'm having good news for all linux i8k5 users. With the kernel 2.6.0-test6 and the acpi patch of 20030918 I can suspend the laptop correctly and resume BUT:

      -Tested with Nvidia binary drivers and executing suspend in Xfree:

      Suspend:Ok
      Resume: BAD. The system freezes.

      -Tested without Xfree direct from console (framebufered 0x31B)

      Suspend:Ok.
      Resume:Bad, but the system is ok only the screen has cubes of colors maybe the framebuffer is th problem????

      -Tested without Xfree direct from console without vesa frambuffer

      Suspend:Ok
      Resume:Ok!!

      -Tested in Xfree with nv driver for gforce-4200go without vesa fb

      Suspend:Ok
      Resume:Ok!
      Comments:
      -The usb seems not be resumed, in a previous acpi version I've listen something about it. I will seach more info and i'll tell all new advance.
      -The network is down perhaps something happened with daemons..
      -When you switch to console (ctrl-ALT FX) it was damaged..some problems setting the resolution seems.

      Well, I sent this to linux-dell-laptop for people interested in this.

      Good resuming!

      --
      "Soy una piedra, no muevo ni un músculo,lentamente me pongo nieve
      en la boca para que no vea mi aliento , me tomo mi tiempo,
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2003
        Great news!

        Are you using swsusp or is this suspend-to-ram?

        I've been using swsusp (now up to 1.1-rc10A, on top of 2.4.22) with
        moderate success: it can suspend-resume for a half dozen times before it
        bombs, but it's better than nothing :-(

        I really miss the quick suspend times I used to have with the Latitude C
        series.

        --
        ../salvador