Re: hardrive quesion

  • bascule_the_fule
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 28, 2003
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "hfelton11" <hfelton11@y...
      > wrote:
      > you may want to be extremely careful about replacements...

      In my case I was able to reference a table on the Hitachi[IBM] site
      that said the drive I was purchasing was compatible with the one it
      was to replace. I also got my supplier to state that this was the case
      before I handed over any money. If you have one of Dell's
      economy-no-warranty IBM Travelstars in your machine you *should* be
      able to replace it okay. I think I searched on the Travelstart model I
      had, and the resultant IBM hit linked out to Hitachi's site.

      Sean