Re: i5150 wireless question (1400)

  • noviceloser
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2003
      Okay, here's what's happening. I go to Network Configuration. I select NEW then
      WIRELESS CONNECTION and click Forward. Then next screen says, "Select Wireless
      Device" and the only option under Wireless Card is "Other Wireless Card". After
      selecting Forward, I see "Select Ethernet Adapter" and that is where I'm at a loss for
      what to choose. The choices run from 3Com 3c501 through Lucent Orinocoo and so
      on. I've tried selecting a bunch of different choices and after completing the setup I
      click APPLY at the "Creat Wireless Device" screen and always get a message saying
      "Cannot activate network device eth0!" and below that the message says, "orinoco_cs
      (or whatever device I've chosen) eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying
      initialization."

      If you have time, take a look at your network preferences and let me know what
      ethernet adapter device you're using. THANKS.

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, erny byaru <erny_byaru@y...> wrote:
      > hi,
      >
      > rh9 ? i thought the redhat-config-network tool will do the trick because that type
      of card worked out-of-the-box for me on the inspiron 4150 and rh9!

      > cheers
      >
      > anyway, what have u done so far, and what errors are returned...
      >
      > noviceloser <matthewjward@m...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > First post here. I installed Redhat 9 on my Dell i5150 laptop. I have a TrueMobility
      > 1400 wireless card. Does anyone have any info on getting it to work under Redhat
      9?
      > I've read the faq and a number of messages and it doesn't look very promising, but
      I thought I'd post and see what the word is lately.

      > Any links or tips would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > p.s. I'm very happy with the laptop so far. Email me if anyone want's to know
      > anything about it. I'm multi-booting windows XP pro and Redhat 9 and
      BeOSMaxV3.