Re: Good spec, poor quality, appalling after sales and rip-off prices...

  • bascule_the_fule
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 25, 2003
      --------- Original Message --------
      From: linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com
      To: linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com
      <linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Good spec, poor quality, appalling
      after
      sales and rip-off prices...
      Date: 24/09/03 07:59
      > > I suspect you'd be the recipient of the
      > > flames somehow.
      >
      > doesnt seem to be the case so far..

      Indeed, but then you haven't advocated that anyone who thinks paying
      several
      hundred pounds over the odds for a hard drive is whinger... which was
      the
      context in which my statement was made.

      > by the way, do not think am being mean to you - i can somehow
      > understand your frustration but my argument is the 99.99% efficiency
      > model of most end-user equipment manufacturers, all brands will have
      > several faulty ones from the assembly line. So, do not be surprised
      if
      > you shift to Vaio or Fujitsu-Siemens (the most reliable notebooks
      > according to a survey by pcworld) and u find the same problem.

      Erny, I know you are right in the sense that all modern electronics
      seem to be flakey to a degree. And let's face it, the end users are
      usually trailing a way behind the technology when it comes to sensible
      use, so I can expect a degree of hardness when it comes to the
      manufacturers attitude toward repairs.

      However, I contend that there needs to be a working process that
      allows the genuinely aggrieved customers to highlight poor quality,
      ripoff prices etc. This has been, IMO, removed from Dell's setup. I am
      still waiting for phone calls I was promised. I am still waiting for
      replies to emails that returned an acknowledgement of receipt (via the
      Dell site). In fact, I have had no response from Dell at all.

      And, once again, if your experience is good, then long may it continue
      to be so. Mine has been poor and I simply wish to share that with
      other users so that they can make informed decisions and possibly
      share their experience with me.

      All the best,

      Sean