Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Turning off LCD on a Dell 5150

  • Achim Bohnet
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2003
      On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 09:16:19PM -0000, danblock1 wrote:
      > Ok I did some reading and I think it may either have to do with the
      > Radeon driver and XFREE86 or acpi being enabled in the kernel. Is
      > anyone else experiencing this problem?

      Yes, in the past ;)

      acpi installd, Lid close, LCD not off:
      Install acpid an what see button/lid events in
      the /var/log/acpid. Google for radeontool to turn backlight
      on and off (works on my D600m). In the web you'll find how to
      use radeontool and acpid.

      XDPMS: xset force dpms off
      There's a patched Xfree4.3 radeon driver (already in CVS) that
      supports LCD backlight on/off. Google or check the D600
      tuxmobil pages it in there somewhere.
      The radeon_drv.o I found was build on mandrake but works also
      on debian here.

      Achim
    • deerlaser2000
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2003
        hi my name is keelen yanda and i am looking for a used laptop. do you
        know where i should go to get one? please e-mail me at
        deerlaser2000@... or kyanda@....
        thanks
        keelen
      • Achim Bohnet
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2003
          On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 12:58:11PM -0000, deerlaser2000 wrote:
          > hi my name is keelen yanda and i am looking for a used laptop. do you
          > know where i should go to get one? please e-mail me at
          > deerlaser2000@... or kyanda@....

          Sorry I've no idea. I got the laptop from my employer.

          Achim
          > thanks
          > keelen

        • gudavalli ramesh babu
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 20, 2013
            http://jaraganahallishivashankar.in/wp-content/fresh.php?orkeaglf709ci

            You don't have many suspects who are innocent of a crime. That's contradictory. If a person is innocent of a crime, then he is not a suspect. -- Edwin Meese III