Re: Turning off LCD on a Dell 5150

  • danblock1
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 11, 2003
      Ok I did some reading and I think it may either have to do with the
      Radeon driver and XFREE86 or acpi being enabled in the kernel. Is
      anyone else experiencing this problem?

      Dan
    • Achim Bohnet
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2003
        On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 09:16:19PM -0000, danblock1 wrote:
        > Ok I did some reading and I think it may either have to do with the
        > Radeon driver and XFREE86 or acpi being enabled in the kernel. Is
        > anyone else experiencing this problem?

        Yes, in the past ;)

        acpi installd, Lid close, LCD not off:
        Install acpid an what see button/lid events in
        the /var/log/acpid. Google for radeontool to turn backlight
        on and off (works on my D600m). In the web you'll find how to
        use radeontool and acpid.

        XDPMS: xset force dpms off
        There's a patched Xfree4.3 radeon driver (already in CVS) that
        supports LCD backlight on/off. Google or check the D600
        tuxmobil pages it in there somewhere.
        The radeon_drv.o I found was build on mandrake but works also
        on debian here.

        Achim
      • deerlaser2000
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2003
          hi my name is keelen yanda and i am looking for a used laptop. do you
          know where i should go to get one? please e-mail me at
          deerlaser2000@... or kyanda@....
          thanks
          keelen
        • Achim Bohnet
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 12, 2003
            On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 12:58:11PM -0000, deerlaser2000 wrote:
            > hi my name is keelen yanda and i am looking for a used laptop. do you
            > know where i should go to get one? please e-mail me at
            > deerlaser2000@... or kyanda@....

            Sorry I've no idea. I got the laptop from my employer.

            Achim
            > thanks
            > keelen

          • gudavalli ramesh babu
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 20, 2013
              http://jaraganahallishivashankar.in/wp-content/fresh.php?orkeaglf709ci

              You don't have many suspects who are innocent of a crime. That's contradictory. If a person is innocent of a crime, then he is not a suspect. -- Edwin Meese III