library problems while compiling kernel

  • Sergio Dominguez
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi all!

      Yesterday I compiled several times my kernel and I think I must have done
      something wierd (although I cannot see how)

      now when it boots it gives me the following errors

      /usr/sbin/cupsd : error while loading shared libraries :/usr/lib/libcups.so.2: cannot read data file: Invalid argument
      /usr/sbin/sshd : error while loading shared libraries :/usr/lib/libgssapi.so.1: cannot read data file: Invalid argument

      and ssh, printing and displaying ps images (this last one I cannot understand it) are not working now, even if I boot with my old kernel.

      I have Suse 8.2 on a inspiron 4100.

      Can someone give me a hand here? Why did I break it doing make dep make bzImage and how do I fix this? reinstalling cups and ssh?

      Thanks

      Sergio

      PS: By the way, can anyone tell me up to what size is it possible to reduce the kernel size for this kind of laptop
      with nothing fancy?? I have reduced it 200 Kb, but I do not manage to make it much smaller.

      --
      It doesn't much signify whom one marries, for one is sure to find out
      next morning it was someone else.