Problem changing processor's performance

  • jefcheng
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2003
      I'm on a I5150 running RH9 with kernel 2.4.22. I've compiled the
      kernel with ACPI loaded as modules. Everything works great except that
      I can't get the active state for processor performance to change.

      From /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/performance, I have:
      state count: 2
      active state: P0
      states:
      *P0: 3059 MHz, 24000 mW, 100 uS
      P1: 1596 MHz, 12000 mW, 100 uS

      I've searched around and found out that if I do "echo 1 >
      /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/performance", it should change the active
      state to P1, but it doesn't.