Inspiron 5100 & Debian Woody & Dri -> possible ?

  • tvn1981
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30 1:14 AM
      I just can't seem to get Dri to works on this ATI Radeon 7500 16MB
      chip. I build kernel from source and using 2.4.22 currently. Already
      use the unofficial XFree4.2 , aleady built the dri module and able to
      modprobe agpgart & radeon , but when startx, still say direct
      rendering = 0. Also tried getting the radeon driver alone from dri's
      cvs and use its installer but complain that Xfree4.2 doesn't have a
      compatible ABI w/ the module.

      So does anyone can make Debian stable works with this video chip & dri
      ? Please help me out ....

      thanks