Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: fans noisy on inspiron 4150

  • erny byaru
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 30, 2003
      Hi Miguel and All,

      Thanks a bunch for your help.

      I disabled ACPI in th ekernel and through grub permanently and now my battery status works fine.

      Surprisingly, it seems APM also solved the noisy fans problem because yesterday, i had wanted to try the i8kutils and gkgrellm later in the evening but my i415o was running the whole day and the fans were on normally, and off whn it cools.

      I will still go ahead though, but looks like gkgrellm needs a myriad of dependencies.

      Cheers

      Ernest.

      Miguel_Hern�ndez_Martos <enlavin@...> wrote:

      > 2. Does your battery applet work well with APM?

      I use APM on my Inspiron 4150 and I see batery status and can suspend to ram with no problem.

      Remember to update to A05 BIOS if you don't want your laptop clock going slower when checking battery with APM. Search archives of this group to get more accurate information on this issue.

      Nos vemos!

      --
      Obst�culos es lo que ves cuando apartas la vista del objetivo.
      Miguel Hern�ndez Martos

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/s5T0lB/TM