Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: OT: DVD Problems

  • W.K. Vladmir Ward
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 25 11:14 PM
      I've been thinking about making the call to them about it. But, I've had some terrible experiences with this laptop and Dell's service... like when they damaged the motherboard taking the old modem out and didn't replace the motherboard until I had to almost scream at them...

      I don't know. I'm STILL having problems with the modem (my line isn't the greatest, so cheap modems like that actionshit don't work very well) and I'm wary of getting another refurbished part in my machine that will likely still have the same problem and potentially give me new ones...

      Damien Solley <dsolley@...> wrote:
      On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 16:31, S�ren Madsen wrote:
      > > Seeing as how you can copy the DVD's contents to your hard drive and
      > play it fine, I imagine something similar (if not the same problem) is
      > occuring. As for how to fix it, I wish I had an answer :/
      >
      > Interesting! I has been quite hot here in DK for some time now... :)
      > When I get the problem next time, I will try to throw the DVD in the
      > freezer for a minute or two and see if it helps... :)
      >
      > Kind Regards,
      > S�ren Madsen
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > click here

      Surely these DVD players shouldn't be _cooking_ our DVDs. Perhaps this
      is worthy of a complaint to Dell? Repeated heating will decrease the
      lifespan of the media, which isn't really acceptable, IMHO.
      Damien
      --

      Using Linux on the Inspiron 1100:

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/s5T0lB/TM

      Sing me a song, you're a singer Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil The devil is never a maker The less that you give, you're a taker So it's on and on and on, it's heaven and hell Oh well"Heavan and Hell" - Black Sabbath

      Do you Yahoo!?