Debian unstable on Dell Inspiron 7000

  • xslf
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2003
      Hi all, newbie here :-)

      I just installed debian unstable on my old i7k. Most of it works fine,
      but I have a few specific issues that I would be glad for pointers.

      * Power mangment- What is the best power managment system for this
      computer? How is the best way to set it up?

      * Special keys on the keyboard- this laptop has special keys on the
      keyboard (fn key, and key combinations to countrol sound, video
      brightness, scroll lock, numeral keypad etc.). Does anyone know how do
      I need to set them up so I can use them? (I am using XFree86 4.3).

      * DVD decoder card (luxsonor). Googling around, I saw that someone
      once was working on a driver. Does anyone know what happened to it,
      and if there is any DVD player that can use it? As this is an old
      machine, I would prefer to use the decoder card if possible.

      Thanks all, and I am glad to find this group :-)