Re: [linux-dell-laptops] tv out on inspiron 600m

  • Ben Saylor
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2003
      The drivers from here:
      http://www.schneider-digital.de/html/download_ati.html
      seem to support tv out (run fglrxconfig after installing to configure
      the XF86Config options). They work on my 600m, but I haven't tried tv
      out.

      Ben

      On Saturday 02 August 2003 3:32 pm, VanVeghten, Tobyn Warren
      (UMR-Student) wrote:
      > Has anyone gotten the tv out to work on an Inspiron 600m with the
      > 64mb Radeon Mobility 9000? I have successfully installed the ati.2
      > drivers and atitvout, but when I try and run atitvout, it complains
      > the VBE calls failed.
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Tobyn V.

      > ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your
      > HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders
      > $50 or more to the US & Canada.
      > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/s5T0lB/TM
    • Jazz
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 10, 2003
        This is an old post, I am wondering if anybody has installed the
        driver that from the link below:

        http://www.schneider-digital.de/html/download_ati.html

        I could not figure out which driver to download, since in there the
        models that were listed were firegl model. Which one is compatible
        with Radeon Mobility 9000?

        Jazz

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Ben Saylor <bensaylor@h...>
        wrote:
        > The drivers from here:
        > http://www.schneider-digital.de/html/download_ati.html
        > seem to support tv out (run fglrxconfig after installing to configure
        > the XF86Config options). They work on my 600m, but I haven't tried tv
        > out.
        >
        > Ben
        >
        > On Saturday 02 August 2003 3:32 pm, VanVeghten, Tobyn Warren
        > (UMR-Student) wrote:
        > > Has anyone gotten the tv out to work on an Inspiron 600m with the
        > > 64mb Radeon Mobility 9000? I have successfully installed the ati.2
        > > drivers and atitvout, but when I try and run atitvout, it complains
        > > the VBE calls failed.
        > >
        > > Any ideas?
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Tobyn V.
      • Alexander Woerndle
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 10, 2003
          Take the drivers for the FireGL 8800 RADEON Modell. They all work on the
          Radeon Mobilty 9000. I used them myself for some time. You might want to
          check out www.ati.com. These drivers can now be found there too. Be carefull
          not to select the mobility cards but chose the straight Radeon 9000. As far
          as i know the Chips on Radeon 9000M and Radeon 9000 are almost identical.

          Cheers Alex

          On Monday 10 November 2003 18:19, Jazz wrote:
          > This is an old post, I am wondering if anybody has installed the
          > driver that from the link below:
          >
          > http://www.schneider-digital.de/html/download_ati.html
          >
          > I could not figure out which driver to download, since in there the
          > models that were listed were firegl model. Which one is compatible
          > with Radeon Mobility 9000?
          >

          > Jazz
        • Arturo González
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 10, 2003
            glx1 3.0.2-8 for your xfree86 version :)

            El lun, 10-11-2003 a las 18:19, Jazz escribió:
            > This is an old post, I am wondering if anybody has installed the
            > driver that from the link below:
            >
            > http://www.schneider-digital.de/html/download_ati.html
            >
            > I could not figure out which driver to download, since in there the
            > models that were listed were firegl model. Which one is compatible
            > with Radeon Mobility 9000?
            >

            > Jazz
            >
            > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Ben Saylor <bensaylor@h...>
            > wrote:
            > > The drivers from here:
            > > http://www.schneider-digital.de/html/download_ati.html
            > > seem to support tv out (run fglrxconfig after installing to
            > configure
            > > the XF86Config options). They work on my 600m, but I haven't tried
            > tv
            > > out.
            > >
            > > Ben
            > >
            > > On Saturday 02 August 2003 3:32 pm, VanVeghten, Tobyn Warren
            > > (UMR-Student) wrote:
            > > > Has anyone gotten the tv out to work on an Inspiron 600m with the
            > > > 64mb Radeon Mobility 9000? I have successfully installed the
            > ati.2
            > > > drivers and atitvout, but when I try and run atitvout, it
            > complains
            > > > the VBE calls failed.
            > > >
            > > > Any ideas?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > >
            > > > Tobyn V.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            > click here

            Arturo González Ferrer.
            Administrador de Sistemas y de plataforma WEBCT
            Centro de Enseñanzas Virtuales
            Universidad de Granada.
            http://cevug.ugr.es
            e-mails: <arturogf@...>, <clonebot@...>