APM suspend success with GeForce2Go [was: nVidia 4496 driver released]

  • James Marsh
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003
      * commandrdata <commanderdata@...> [29-Jul-2003 07:00]:

      * Philip Trickett <phil@...> [29-Jul-2003 11:30]:

      * commandrdata <commanderdata@...> [29-Jul-2003 15:30]:
      > Well here's what I get...........
      >
      > apm -s appears to try to suspend the machine but the suspend stops
      > partway through -
      > the machine does not turn off and the LCD backlight stays on. At this
      > point it appears
      > frozen but I can bring X back by Ctrl+Alt+F1 (Ctrl+Alt+F7 does
      > nothing.) I can then
      > Ctrl+Alt+F7 and get X.
      >
      > At this point tty1 and tty2 screens are flashing grey with rows of
      > white ΓΏ's. TTy's 3-6 are
      > normal login prompts and tty 7 is X as expected.
      >

      > If I try 'apm -s' again I get:
      > 'craig@mobile:~$ apm -s apm: Device or resource busy
      >
      > The corresponding kernel log message is:
      >
      > Jul 29 09:09:08 mobile apmd[773]: Suspending now
      > Jul 29 09:09:08 mobile apmd[773]: Suspension was rejected by the
      > kernel, so resuming
      > Jul 29 09:09:08 mobile kernel: apm: suspend was vetoed.
      >
      > Running Debian sid, kernel-image-2.4.21-3-686.

      I've successfully got a Dell Latitude C810 (GeForce2Go) to suspend
      perfectly with AGP enabled. It took a while to figure out that it was
      the i810-tco kernel module preventing it unsuspending rather than
      anything to do with the Nvidia drivers. I've no idea where this module
      came from, but adding it to /etc/hotplug/blacklist fixed the problem.

      This is using kernel 2.4.20-gentoo-r2 and Nvidia drivers 1.0.4496.

      Regards,
      James.
    • commandrdata
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 15, 2003
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, James Marsh <james@s...>
        wrote:

        [...]

        > I've successfully got a Dell Latitude C810 (GeForce2Go) to suspend
        > perfectly with AGP enabled. It took a while to figure out that it
        was
        > the i810-tco kernel module preventing it unsuspending rather than
        > anything to do with the Nvidia drivers. I've no idea where this
        module
        > came from, but adding it to /etc/hotplug/blacklist fixed the
        problem.

        > This is using kernel 2.4.20-gentoo-r2 and Nvidia drivers 1.0.4496.

        Good for you!

        $ sudo rmmod i810-tco
        $ apm -s
        apm: Device or resource busy