Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: TrueMoble 1150 in Inspirons

  • J.C. Wren
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
      I dual boot my 8500 w/ 1150, and under Linux it works fine. Windows seems to
      realize a card is present, but won't do anything with it. It neither uses it
      as a network device, and nor lets me upgrade it (the upgrade utility says "no
      driver instaleld for device").

      --John
    • Frank Wales
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
        On 07/31/03 21:18, asdf39471 wrote:
        > Is anyone here using a TrueMoble 1150 MiniPCI 802.11b card in an
        > Inspiron?

        I'm currently using an 1150 in my 8500; the only problem is that
        one of the two internal aerial leads is a little too short to
        reach the card, but it works fine with the one lead that does reach.

        I dual boot WinXP and RedHat9 (with a custom 2.4.22 kernel), and I
        have working wireless networking in both.
        --
        Frank Wales [frank@...]