Re: [linux-dell-laptops] best dvd player

  • Thomas Deutsch
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      > "That doesn't have dependencies..."
      >
      > Not gonna happen, sorry. My vote is for Ogle too;
      > hands down, no contest.

      There is no DVD-Player without dependencies, but why not xine?

      fg
      thomas
    • W.K. Vladmir Ward
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003

        --- Norbert Preining <preining@...> wrote:
        > On Fre, 01 Aug 2003, ame_nash wrote:
        > > what is the best dvd player i can install on my
        > inspiron that does
        > > not have dependencies? and has dvd menus?
        >
        > ogle
        >
        > Best wishes
        >
        > Norbert

        > Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>
        > Technische Universit´┐Żt Wien
        > gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D
        > AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094

        > TROSSACHS (pl.n.) The useless epaulettes on an
        > expensive raincoat.
        > --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        =====
        Sing me a song, you're a singerDo me a wrong, you're a bringer of evilThe devil is never a makerThe less that you give, you're a takerSo it's on and on and on, it's heaven and hellOh well"Heavan and Hell" - Black Sabbath

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Aslak Johansen
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003
          On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 21:02, Thomas Deutsch wrote:
          > ... but why not xine?

          I agree; xine can, unlike ogle, do deinterlacing of the image stream.

          --
          Aslak Johansen <asjo@...>