best dvd player

  • ame_nash
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      hi geeks

      what is the best dvd player i can install on my inspiron that does
      not have dependencies? and has dvd menus?

      nash
    • Norbert Preining
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
        On Fre, 01 Aug 2003, ame_nash wrote:
        > what is the best dvd player i can install on my inspiron that does
        > not have dependencies? and has dvd menus?

        ogle

        Best wishes

        Norbert

        Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Technische Universität Wien
        TROSSACHS (pl.n.) The useless epaulettes on an expensive raincoat.
        --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff
      • Thomas Deutsch
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
          > "That doesn't have dependencies..."
          >
          > Not gonna happen, sorry. My vote is for Ogle too;
          > hands down, no contest.

          There is no DVD-Player without dependencies, but why not xine?

          fg
          thomas
        • W.K. Vladmir Ward
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003

            --- Norbert Preining <preining@...> wrote:
            > On Fre, 01 Aug 2003, ame_nash wrote:
            > > what is the best dvd player i can install on my
            > inspiron that does
            > > not have dependencies? and has dvd menus?
            >
            > ogle
            >
            > Best wishes
            >
            > Norbert

            > Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>
            > Technische Universit�t Wien
            > gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D
            > AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094

            > TROSSACHS (pl.n.) The useless epaulettes on an
            > expensive raincoat.
            > --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            =====
            Sing me a song, you're a singerDo me a wrong, you're a bringer of evilThe devil is never a makerThe less that you give, you're a takerSo it's on and on and on, it's heaven and hellOh well"Heavan and Hell" - Black Sabbath

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          • Aslak Johansen
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003
              On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 21:02, Thomas Deutsch wrote:
              > ... but why not xine?

              I agree; xine can, unlike ogle, do deinterlacing of the image stream.

              --
              Aslak Johansen <asjo@...>