Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Hot-swap items in removable bay

  • W.K. Vladmir Ward
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2003
      Adding to my previous message, it appears I'm an
      idiot. This doesn't seem to work unless the channel is
      recognized on boot by the kernel... meaning you'd have
      to boot with the hard drive in in order to access it.

      http://www.egr.msu.edu/archives/public/linux-user/2003-February/007163.html

      =====
      Sing me a song, you're a singerDo me a wrong, you're a bringer of evilThe devil is never a makerThe less that you give, you're a takerSo it's on and on and on, it's heaven and hellOh well"Heavan and Hell" - Black Sabbath

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Peter Hayes
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2003
        On Friday 01 August 2003 16:24, W.K. Vladmir Ward wrote:
        > Adding to my previous message, it appears I'm an
        > idiot. This doesn't seem to work unless the channel is
        > recognized on boot by the kernel... meaning you'd have
        > to boot with the hard drive in in order to access it.

        What happens if you Fn + F1 to re-read the BIOS after swapping drives?

        Peter