Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Linux asset tag prog

  • W.K. Vladmir Ward
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      If you're running an 8000 series Inspiron, you can
      install the i8kutils, which will list the asset tag
      among other pieces of information.

      --- cpudenusa <05ordade@...> wrote:
      > Hello everyone,
      > Is there a way to write the asset tag from a bash
      > prompt let's say
      > just in console mode in linux. Is there a program
      > or is there a way
      > to do this. Is there a way to port asset.com to
      > linux any
      > suggestions would be helpful.

      =====
      Sing me a song, you're a singerDo me a wrong, you're a bringer of evilThe devil is never a makerThe less that you give, you're a takerSo it's on and on and on, it's heaven and hellOh well"Heavan and Hell" - Black Sabbath

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com