Re: [linux-dell-laptops] I8200 touchpad

  • Paul Gratz
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
      I've only been able to get left button tapping working. Its are really
      limited driver unfortunately.
      Paul

      On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 16:19, David Corbin wrote:
      > Does the ALPS do the rightbutton/leftbutton tapping like the Synaptics?
      >
      > On Thursday 31 July 2003 11:50, Paul Gratz wrote:
      > > Its probably an Alps like the one on the 8500. While it works fine with
      > > X and everthing, I have not been able to find any drivers that enable
      > > the scroll features on it.
      > > Paul
      > >
      > > On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 14:25, Alistair McDonald wrote:
      > > > Hello all,
      > > >
      > > > Does anyone know if the touchpad on an 8200 is a synaptics one? I tried
      > > > the driver mentioned here a few weeks ago, but it didn't work. I only
      > > > assumed it was a synaptics in the 8200 because I had a synaptics in my
      > > > 8000.
      > > >
      > > > Alistair

    • Alistair McDonald
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2003
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Paul Gratz <pgratz@g...>
        wrote:
        > I've only been able to get left button tapping working. Its are
        really
        > limited driver unfortunately.
        > Paul

        Thanks for the reply, Paul. I'm disappointed that it's not a synaptics
        - I loved the one on the 8000. Another problem with this touchpad is
        that when I'm slightly (how can I put this) hot and sticky (the south
        of the UK is in a heatwave), the friction on the pad changes and the
        pointer becomes a bit difficult to control. The 8000 is still fine
        now.

        Alistair