Knoppix Live CD and single NTFS partition on a I8100

  • petrjohn
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hi,

      I have downloaded and burned the Knoppix live CD.
      I want to test out Linux before I put a version on the HD in dual
      boot mode.
      My I8100 has a single NTFS partition (30 Gig) with windows XP.

      Do I need to partition the drive to run Knoppix from the CD?

      Can't find anything posted one way or the other.

      Thanks
    • hfelton11
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "petrjohn"
        <petrjohn@i...> wrote:

        > Do I need to partition the drive to run Knoppix from the CD?

        no, it will do everything from RAM.
        knoppix doesnt affect your hdd at all.

        enjoy, h.
      • Ian Bell
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2003
          On Friday 01 Aug 2003 1:12 pm, petrjohn wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I have downloaded and burned the Knoppix live CD.
          > I want to test out Linux before I put a version on the HD in dual
          > boot mode.
          > My I8100 has a single NTFS partition (30 Gig) with windows XP.
          >
          > Do I need to partition the drive to run Knoppix from the CD?

          No, just stick it in and turn on th PC.

          Ian