I8200 touchpad

  • Alistair McDonald
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 16, 2003
      Hello all,

      Does anyone know if the touchpad on an 8200 is a synaptics one? I tried
      the driver mentioned here a few weeks ago, but it didn't work. I only
      assumed it was a synaptics in the 8200 because I had a synaptics in my
      8000.

      Alistair
      --
      Alistair McDonald
      http://www.inrevo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 20, 2003
        My 8000 had a synaptics touchpad, so I assmued that the 8200 had one
        too. But when I tried to load the synaptics driver mentioned here last
        month, I got nothing.

        Does the 8200 have a synaptics touchpad? (I'd boot into windows, but
        this little baby has *never* booted into windows :-)

        And does anyone else have the same problem I do - that which was
        probably solved with "palm check" on the windows driver - I am typing
        and accidentally lightly touch the touchpad, resulting in the mouse
        moving halfway through a word or sentence. Any cures?

        I'm using gentoo and xfree 4.3.0-r2

        Alistair
      • Paul Gratz
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2003
          Its probably an Alps like the one on the 8500. While it works fine with
          X and everthing, I have not been able to find any drivers that enable
          the scroll features on it.
          Paul

          On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 14:25, Alistair McDonald wrote:
          > Hello all,
          >
          > Does anyone know if the touchpad on an 8200 is a synaptics one? I tried
          > the driver mentioned here a few weeks ago, but it didn't work. I only
          > assumed it was a synaptics in the 8200 because I had a synaptics in my
          > 8000.
          >
          > Alistair
        • David Corbin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 31, 2003
            Does the ALPS do the rightbutton/leftbutton tapping like the Synaptics?

            On Thursday 31 July 2003 11:50, Paul Gratz wrote:
            > Its probably an Alps like the one on the 8500. While it works fine with
            > X and everthing, I have not been able to find any drivers that enable
            > the scroll features on it.
            > Paul
            >
            > On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 14:25, Alistair McDonald wrote:
            > > Hello all,
            > >
            > > Does anyone know if the touchpad on an 8200 is a synaptics one? I tried
            > > the driver mentioned here a few weeks ago, but it didn't work. I only
            > > assumed it was a synaptics in the 8200 because I had a synaptics in my
            > > 8000.
            > >
            > > Alistair

          • Paul Gratz
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
              I've only been able to get left button tapping working. Its are really
              limited driver unfortunately.
              Paul

              On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 16:19, David Corbin wrote:
              > Does the ALPS do the rightbutton/leftbutton tapping like the Synaptics?
              >
              > On Thursday 31 July 2003 11:50, Paul Gratz wrote:
              > > Its probably an Alps like the one on the 8500. While it works fine with
              > > X and everthing, I have not been able to find any drivers that enable
              > > the scroll features on it.
              > > Paul
              > >
              > > On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 14:25, Alistair McDonald wrote:
              > > > Hello all,
              > > >
              > > > Does anyone know if the touchpad on an 8200 is a synaptics one? I tried
              > > > the driver mentioned here a few weeks ago, but it didn't work. I only
              > > > assumed it was a synaptics in the 8200 because I had a synaptics in my
              > > > 8000.
              > > >
              > > > Alistair

            • Alistair McDonald
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 5, 2003
                --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Paul Gratz <pgratz@g...>
                wrote:
                > I've only been able to get left button tapping working. Its are
                really
                > limited driver unfortunately.
                > Paul

                Thanks for the reply, Paul. I'm disappointed that it's not a synaptics
                - I loved the one on the 8000. Another problem with this touchpad is
                that when I'm slightly (how can I put this) hot and sticky (the south
                of the UK is in a heatwave), the friction on the pad changes and the
                pointer becomes a bit difficult to control. The 8000 is still fine
                now.

                Alistair