sound problem (5000e)

  • Drew Boyles
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2001
      In 2.4.0-prerelease, I have sound compiled in and the Maestro driver
      as a module. Upon trying to play a sound via xmms, I get this:

      ** WARNING **: oss_open(): Failed to open audio device (/dev/dsp): No
      such device

      Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation

      Gdk-WARNING **: ISO8859-1

      ** CRITICAL **: Couldn't open playlist font

      Any advice on how to resolve this problem? Thanks in advance.

      --
      Drew Boyles
      dboyles@...