1400x1050 on 1600x1200 UXGA?

  • adcroft@mit.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2001
      Dell is offering me a free upgrade to UXGA from SVGA+
      (they say they messed up the order but I noticed they
      no longer offer the SXGA+ option since I placed the order).

      Does anyone with a 5000e UXGA 1600x1200 know if
      you can use it in 1400x1050 mode *WITHOUT* upgrading
      X and the kernel? I'm willing to forego the 1600x1200
      resolution for the time being in order to rapidly get
      the machine up and usable at 1400x1050 (I've successfully
      installed RH6.2/7.0 on 5000's and 5000e's all with SXGA+
      and want to reproduce those setups).

      Thanks,

      Alistair.