Re: Keyboard problem on I7500 mandrake 7.2

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2001
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, Andreas Heilwagen
      <andreas.heilwagen@a...> wrote:
      > Does your keyboard and mouse sleep while your
      > hard disk has activity? My box plays dead if
      > my hard disk has lot to do (Latitude C800).
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Andreas.

      Its not that. It even happens when i try to do a text install with
      mandrake. For some reason it doesn't like my keyboard at all. I was
      wonderinng if anyone else had this problem??? It shuts off all the
      timme all of sudden. It Sucks. It doesn't do it with redhat. It is
      the wierdest thing.
    • Andreas Heilwagen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2001
        Hmmm,

        try to upgrade to the newest BIOS and try to plug in a PS/2 keyboard.
        Perhaps that will help. I had the same problem with Solaris :(

        Please keep me updated so that I might deduce a way to finally install
        Solaris based on your analysis.

        Regards,

        Andreas.

        Nick wrote:

        > --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, Andreas Heilwagen
        > <andreas.heilwagen@a...> wrote:
        > > Does your keyboard and mouse sleep while your
        > > hard disk has activity? My box plays dead if
        > > my hard disk has lot to do (Latitude C800).
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > >
        > > Andreas.
        >
        > Its not that. It even happens when i try to do a text install with
        > mandrake. For some reason it doesn't like my keyboard at all. I was
        > wonderinng if anyone else had this problem??? It shuts off all the
        > timme all of sudden. It Sucks. It doesn't do it with redhat. It is
        > the wierdest thing.

      • Nick
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2001
          <andreas.heilwagen@e...> wrote:
          > Hmmm,
          >
          > try to upgrade to the newest BIOS and try to plug in a PS/2
          keyboard.
          > Perhaps that will help. I had the same problem with Solaris :(
          >
          > Please keep me updated so that I might deduce a way to finally
          install
          > Solaris based on your analysis.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Andreas.

          I figured it out. I did an expert install and told the X server not
          to use and power options and it works fine now. I think X was putting
          my stuff to sleep and couldn't bring it back up. I tuned that stuff
          off and everything is great now. Thanx for the help though. :-)!