5000e / Linux / MIDI anyone ?

  • ico4@edd.dhs.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2001

      I'd like to connect some kind of Midi-interface to my
      5000e, since there's no driver for the Maestro (and no
      connector for Midi as far as I know). Can anyone recommend
      some kind of hardware that is known to work well with
      the 5000e and linux ? (parralel, rs232, whatever...)

      Thanks,

      Ico doornekamp
    • W. Alan Robertson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2001
        There hasn't been a lot of work with PCMCIA MIDI cards...

        [snip]
        People are working on the following cards:
            Roland SCP-55 MIDI (Toshiaki Nakatsu <risyu@...>)
        [/snip]

        You might want to email that guy, and find out what the status of the driver is.  Other than that, I don't know of any other options you might have.

        Alan