Keyboard problem on I7500 mandrake 7.2

  • nrick5670@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2001
      does anyone else have a problem with their keyboard on a dell
      Inspiron 7500 Running Mandrake 7.2! It works fine for me under
      windows and redhat 7. Sometimes I loose my keyboard and mouse. They
      juts hange there. I have to hit reset button to get out. Anyone have
      a solution to this problem please let me know. I have been trying for
      days now to get it fixed. thanx. :-)
    • Andreas Heilwagen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2001
        Does your keyboard and mouse sleep while your
        hard disk has activity? My box plays dead if
        my hard disk has lot to do (Latitude C800).

        Regards,

        Andreas.
      • Nick
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2001
          --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, Andreas Heilwagen
          <andreas.heilwagen@a...> wrote:
          > Does your keyboard and mouse sleep while your
          > hard disk has activity? My box plays dead if
          > my hard disk has lot to do (Latitude C800).
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Andreas.

          Its not that. It even happens when i try to do a text install with
          mandrake. For some reason it doesn't like my keyboard at all. I was
          wonderinng if anyone else had this problem??? It shuts off all the
          timme all of sudden. It Sucks. It doesn't do it with redhat. It is
          the wierdest thing.
        • Andreas Heilwagen
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2001
            Hmmm,

            try to upgrade to the newest BIOS and try to plug in a PS/2 keyboard.
            Perhaps that will help. I had the same problem with Solaris :(

            Please keep me updated so that I might deduce a way to finally install
            Solaris based on your analysis.

            Regards,

            Andreas.

            Nick wrote:

            > --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, Andreas Heilwagen
            > <andreas.heilwagen@a...> wrote:
            > > Does your keyboard and mouse sleep while your
            > > hard disk has activity? My box plays dead if
            > > my hard disk has lot to do (Latitude C800).
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > Andreas.
            >
            > Its not that. It even happens when i try to do a text install with
            > mandrake. For some reason it doesn't like my keyboard at all. I was
            > wonderinng if anyone else had this problem??? It shuts off all the
            > timme all of sudden. It Sucks. It doesn't do it with redhat. It is
            > the wierdest thing.

          • Nick
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 5, 2001
              <andreas.heilwagen@e...> wrote:
              > Hmmm,
              >
              > try to upgrade to the newest BIOS and try to plug in a PS/2
              keyboard.
              > Perhaps that will help. I had the same problem with Solaris :(
              >
              > Please keep me updated so that I might deduce a way to finally
              install
              > Solaris based on your analysis.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Andreas.

              I figured it out. I did an expert install and told the X server not
              to use and power options and it works fine now. I think X was putting
              my stuff to sleep and couldn't bring it back up. I tuned that stuff
              off and everything is great now. Thanx for the help though. :-)!