Request for comments

  • John Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2003
      Hi all,

      Following announcement appearred in the latest issue of the Debian Weekly
      News, and I thought it may be of interest to some list members.

      "Debian on a Dell Inspiron 8000. Nori Heikkinen [10]announced a [11]howto
      document that describes in detail how to install Debian on a Dell Inspiron
      8000 notebook. This includes configuration for the video card, an external
      mouse and hints on rescuing the system from the boot CD. She would appreciate
      any comments, suggestions and improvements people have about it.

      10. http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-0306/msg04209.html
      11. http://www.maenad.net/geek/di8k-debian/ "

      An improvement that I would suggest making is that the how-to should point to
      this group and the groiup's faq as a huge source of reference knowledge for
      people installing linux on (dell) laptops - no point in people re-inventing
      the wheel.

      Regards, John.
      --
      Centre for Bioengineering,