600m PCMCIA audio problems

  • Ben Saylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2003
      Hello,

      I have a VXpocket v2 PCMCIA audio card that is working with ALSA 0.9.4.
      However, when it's in use by any application, system CPU load goes up
      to about 40%, and I can't play back and record at the same time without
      getting pops and dropouts. This is with kernel 2.4.21 with low latency
      and ACPI patches applied (I've tried booting with pci=noacpi and
      acpi=off without luck).

      I guess this is a driver problem, but I don't know if it's with ALSA or
      the kernel PCMCIA drivers. I've sent a couple of emails to the
      alsa-user mailing list, but I haven't received any replies, and I'm not
      sure where else to ask. Is anyone successfully using a PCMCIA audio
      card or a PC card of any kind with a Centrino-based laptop?

      Thanks,
      Ben