lid acpi event

  • Xiaotian Sun
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      Hi,

      I'm having a problem with lid event and acpid on my I600m. I'm running
      2.4.21 kernel with acpi patch.

      When I push down the lid button, acpid is aware of the event and when I
      watch the acpid log I can see a "completed button/lid ...." entry.
      However, acpid doesn't consider it has received the event until I release
      the lid button and the log file entry is "received button/lid ....". And
      until then, it executes the appropriate scripts to put the computer on
      standby. This basically makes the lid closure unfunctional.

      Anybody had similar experience?

      Thanks,

      Xiaotian

    • W.K. Vladmir Ward
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2003
        Can't say that I've had that experience. I generally
        don't mess with the lid acpi stuff anyways -- I
        generally do "apm --suspend" on my machine before
        closing the lid. I'm too lazy to do anything else
        about it :P

        --- Xiaotian Sun <sunxt@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm having a problem with lid event and acpid on my
        > I600m. I'm running
        > 2.4.21 kernel with acpi patch.
        >
        > When I push down the lid button, acpid is aware of
        > the event and when I
        > watch the acpid log I can see a "completed
        > button/lid ...." entry.
        > However, acpid doesn't consider it has received the
        > event until I release
        > the lid button and the log file entry is "received
        > button/lid ....". And
        > until then, it executes the appropriate scripts to
        > put the computer on
        > standby. This basically makes the lid closure
        > unfunctional.
        >
        > Anybody had similar experience?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Xiaotian

        > The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2
        > months FREE*

        =====
        "Don't you think that you need somebody?Don't you think that you need someone?Everybody needs somebodyYou're not the only one."- Guns N' Roses, "November Rain"

        http://sbc.yahoo.com