i8k, A22, SuSE and Sax2, + External monitor problems

  • Erich Weidner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      Is anyone running ....

      1. i8k w/ BIOS A22, and sucessfully using an external display (CRT)?
      (If so what distro)

      2. The above on SuSE linux 8.2?

      I can get the 1400x1050 display to operate correctly on the built in
      LCD, but when I try to use an external monitor, everything goes to
      pot. I can not run Sax2, as this results in a horribly garbled display
      (looks like 4 screens superimpossed/compressed).

      In the past with SuSE 8.2, I got this to work by passing sax2 the "-d"
      parameter (gods know why, it doesn't make sense), but I duplicated
      this. (Tried it with -d switch, it worked, tried it w/o the -d switch,
      garbled video).

      Now after a (Bios from A21 to A22), reinstall, plus YOU update, I
      can't use my external monitor any longer (which is connected to an
      APR, but I get the same results whether the CRT is connected to the
      laptop directly or via. the APR).

      Anyone else struggling with this?

      I've tried both a Viewsonic PS790 and Viewsonic A90+, The A90+ is a
      horrible flickering image, vs. the PS790 which is just unreadable.

      Thanks,

      -Mettius