[linux-dell-laptops] RedHat Linux 6.1, Dell Inspiron 3500 LT, 3COM 3CCFE575CT-D

  • Minh Mac
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 1999

      Let me thank you ahead of time for any information the list can provide.

      I just got the above setup and am having a hard time getting RedHat to
      see the network card. I do not know if this card uses the Data (sp) or
      intel chip so no clue where to start.

      If anyone has run across this problem, please share with me your
      solution or point me on my way.

      Thanks,
      Minh
    • kingtafari@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 1999
        I can most likely tell you what your problem is, I had some problems
        with my network card working as well on my latitude. The way that linux
        starts up was my problem. pcmcia is started after network. and since
        the nic for a laptop is pcmcia, it obviosly wont find it, using the
        control-panel i changed the order in wich these services were started.
        This corrected my problem

        Good Luck