Dell admits TV-out problem with GeForce4 on Inspiron 8500

  • tamworth10
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2003
      Hi All,

      I have had problems with the size of the picture displayed on a TV,
      via the Inspiron 8500 laptop with GeForce4 TV-out. Basically, the
      picture does not extend to fill the TV screen, is wobbly on one side,
      and the colour is very red.

      It is the sort of thing which would be sorted out by "TvTool" however
      TVTool does not support the NVidia N17 chipset, so we are left with
      no way to resize the TV picture from the TV Out.

      In conversations with DELL support, they say they recognise the
      problem and are working with NVidia to sort it out. I wonder how long
      that will take!

      Question: does anybody have a known way to resize the TV picture so
      that it takes up the full screen, without the 3 or 4 cms of black
      border on the left and right edges? Does anybody else have this same
      problem?

      ( I have tried this on two different 8500's and on different TVs all
      with the same result)

      Thanks
    • 220hex
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
        yes, I have the same problem with black borders on the 8500 tv-out. The colors
        seems ok, though - I'm using a PAL system.
        I also have huge problems with correct placment of the TV screen. The
        'RightOf' setting doesn't seem to work, so I usually end up with a black lcd
        and my desktop on the TV :(
        Do you have a working XF86Config-4 to fix this?

        .gif

        www.220hex.org
        www.r3aktor.com
        http://mob.bek.no