Re: [linux-dell-laptops] inspiron 8000

  • Marc Fellman
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2001
      Aanhalen ChandraKanth Nathani <chandrakanth_n@...>:

      > I have been seriosly considering inspiron 8000 for the laptop I am gonna
      > buy in the next two days and I have been following all the messages on
      > this list. The only thing thats making me go for inspiron 8000 is that
      > we can go for higher resolutions, where as all other brands give
      > 1024X768.

      Dell has also the 5000e that reaches higher reslutions and as I see in the list
      is probably better suported hardware.

      > No one has talked about the modem and network card that comes on the
      > board in Inspiron 8000.. did anyone have success in getting them to
      > work?
      > Thanks
      > Chandu
      >

      > ChandraKanth Nathani

      Marc

      Dit bericht was verstuurd met IMP: fellsoft.homeip.net
    • dell-linux@aaman.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2001
        The IBM A21p offers 1600x1200 aswell as video-in/out, it is more
        expensive though, and only Open Linux is officially supported.
        But the graphics-card is the same as in inspiron so X should be
        no problem.

        / Daniel

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, ChandraKanth Nathani