SCSI 2 to SCSI 3

  • Rob Yale
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 30, 2000
      Has anyone had success using an Adaptec 1480 slimSCSI card or similar,
      connecting to a SCSI 3 device? I've been evaluating a VXA tape drive
      (which is SCSI 3)connecting from my Adaptec 1480 card, but termination
      power seems to be an issue. I've spoken to several folks who've said that
      it works, but Adaptec firmly maintain that it doesn't.

      Thanks,

      Rob Yale

      McClear Digital Recording and Post Production Studios
      Toronto, Canada, http://www.mcclear.com
      tel: 416-977-9740 Cellular: 416-579-9253