Inspiron 8000, RHAT 6.2 - good to go!

  • baal@msen.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2000
      I've got mine running in X 4.0.2 24-bit 1400x, Helix Gnome, Xircom
      PCMCIA working, and my USB mouse working as well.

      I'm going to be putting together a support CDROM with all the
      necessary config files, patches, and binaries, and I'm willing to burn
      copies for people who want one.

      Thanks to those who posted their configs and hints here!
    • George G. Garmus
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2000
        Hi:

        Nice to learn about your generosity in helping others to gain optimal use
        of LINUX in their Dell Laptops. Perhaps you might clew me in on getting
        connected to Compuserve?

        I have a Latitude CSX with an external US Robotics 56K modem, Caldera 2.4
        Open Linux system and have been using COMPUSERVE for many years. Overall
        I'm quite satisfied with their service. So any suggestions that you might
        give me in connecting with COMPUSERVE would help liberate me from the Bill
        Gates Welfare Plantation.

        George G.