Newbie: Kernel Modules for I5000 with Debian 2.2r2?

  • Mark.Fletcher@ukgateway.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2000
      Hi,

      Ive been successfully running both Mandrake, then redhat on my I5000
      650GT machine, and recently decided to make the progression towards
      Debian. I settled on installing Debian 2.2r2.

      Ive managed to get a barebones system ie text prompt system running
      but I would appreciate any help from anyone running Debian on an
      I5000 :-)

      So I have a few queries:
      1) During installation I selected the following modules to install as
      recommended by the oreilly text "Learning Debian/GNU Linux":
      fs/binfmt_aout
      fs/smbfs
      fs/vfat
      misc/serial
      misc/lp
      net/bsd_comp
      net/dummy
      net/ppp

      I was wondering what other users have chosen as the correct modules
      to install in the kernel and I was wondering if anyone out there
      could provide a list for which modules they used on their I5000 i.e.
      how do I get framebuffer support?

      2) When trying to include the lp module I get an error, I think I
      need to specify additional parameters. For Debian users with an I5000
      what additional parameters did you specify for the lp module?

      Any help with the above queries would be greatly appreciated!

      Best Regards and Happy Hogmanay,

      Mark Fletcher