[linux-dell-laptops] serial port problem on i7k

  • mjh@hauan.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 1999
      I feel foolish! :-/ I've been happily using SuSE on my
      i7k for several months. Never needed to use the COM port
      on the back. Now I want to sync my new Palm Pilot but
      it's not working. VMware can't find it either. I conclude
      I've got something wrong with the way I configure them.

      BIOS serial port setting is "auto".
      At boot, ttyS00 and ttyS01 are found and the standard IRQ and
      I/O address are reported along with the 16550A controller.
      When my PCMCIA modem is installed it is assigned ttyS3 and
      works fine. I'm using 2.2.13 kernel compiled with the standard
      character device support. What am I doing wrong?

      Mike