Re: XFree86, SUSE, Inspiron 8000!

  • knut.kvaal@imf.nlh.no
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2000
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, pfreyp@y... wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I seem to have great trouble to get the XFree86 server to run under
      > SUSE. I have downloaded several versions from SUSE and XFree86 and
      it
      > seems that I can not get any to run even with the XF86Config files
      > provided here. Any time I try it, I receive the error message
      >
      > (EE) No devices detected.
      >
      > Has anybody succeeded with this?
      >
      > Thanks for any help.
      >

      > Peter

      Hello
      Just the same problems occurs when I install the Suse 7.0 on my
      Inspiron 5000e. I use the vga=795 on the lilo boot line and start the
      sx (not sax2). Then I was able to setup the XFree 3, and not 4 when I
      start sax2. I now run the X11 ok on Inspiron. The Sax2 returned in a
      32 bit request and there was only support for 24.

      Knut Kvaal