Re: Battery Status

  • gabriel_ffm
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "James Ots" <yahoo@j...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Since installing SuSE 8.2, ACPI is no longer reporting the charge on my
      > batteries. It is telling me if the power is plugged in or not, but
      it always says the
      > batteries are at 0% charge. I do have the battery kernel module
      inserted. It used
      > to work fine in SuSE 8.1. (I only want a battery status - I don't
      care about
      > suspending).
      >
      > Ideas anyone?
      >
      > --
      > Cheers
      > James Ots
      > www.jamesots.com

      on boot prompt jutst type acpi=off or reinstall acpi disabled, you can
      choice this mode befor the instalation begins
    • jeremydtucker
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2003
        Hello To All,

        I just recently purchased a new Dell Inspirion 5100, and installed
        Redhat 9.0. I installed all the hardware without any major
        complications. It seems to run very well, but I just noticed
        something. Whether or not the AC power adaptor is plugged in, I
        get this message, "Plugged in-no battery". This is not true. Is
        there a way to get it to display the battery status?

        Thanks for the help ahead of time.

        Jeremy