Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Problem with 8500

  • W.K. Vladmir Ward
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
      Oh, see, I wouldn't know about mdk. I'm one of those
      hard-core psychos who likes setting it all up
      automatically :P

      --- Paul Gratz <pgratz@...> wrote:
      > Actually I found that if you don't put any mode
      > lines in it you will get
      > the max resolution by default through
      > auto-detection. If that does not
      > work let me know and I'll send you my cfg file.
      > Paul
      >
      > On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 16:26, nopoointheloo wrote:
      >
      > > Just installing mandrake 9.1 on my new dell 8500
      > > with a monitor size of 1680 x 1050 + nvidia
      > graphics card
      > > and when it comes to
      > > configuring my monitor it said it isnt configured
      > and
      > > when i try and pick a standard monitor of
      > > 1600 x 1000 the screen goes totally messed up
      > > and i can access the wizard anymore and have to
      > start the installation
      > > again.Can i just install without it configured and
      > > then just get someone elses x-config file and
      > > copy it?
      > > Would this work and if so could someone provide me
      > with this file.
      > > Thanks a lot.

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      =====

      "Black as holes within a memory... blue as our new second sun...
      I stick my hand into the shadows to pull the pieces from the sand,
      Which I attempt to reassemble, to see just who I might have been.
      I do not recognize the vessel, but the eyes seem so familiar...
      Like phosphorescent desert buttons singing one familiar song..."

      - Tool, "Third Eye"

      http://calendar.yahoo.com