Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Gentoo & 8500

  • Justin Ellison
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
      Replying to my own message:

      Either myself (I don't remember doing it) or Dell flashed BIOS version
      A02 to my 8500. I was having a hell of a time getting ACPI working
      correctly, using the fixed dsdt from the site below, as well as rolling
      my own. Evidently (though not in the changelog of the BIOS), Dell
      tweaked some ACPI in the A02 BIOS - when I rolled back to A01, all
      worked as it should.

      My programming knowledge is basic Perl and PHP, if someone wants to hack
      at the dsdt.dsl for A02, let me know and I'll send it.

      Justin

      --
      Justin Ellison <justin@...>