Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Problem with 8500

  • Paul Gratz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2003
      Actually I found that if you don't put any mode lines in it you will get the max resolution by default through auto-detection.  If that does not work let me know and I'll send you my cfg file.
      Paul

      On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 16:26, nopoointheloo wrote:
      Just installing mandrake 9.1 on my new dell 8500
      with a monitor size of 1680 x 1050 + nvidia graphics card
       and when it comes to
      configuring my monitor it said it isnt configured and
      when i try and pick a standard monitor of
      1600 x 1000 the screen goes totally messed up
      and i can access the wizard anymore and have to start the installation
      again.Can i just install without it configured and
      then just get someone elses x-config file and
      copy it?
      Would this work and if so could someone provide me with this file.
      Thanks a lot.

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/s5T0lB/TM

    • W.K. Vladmir Ward
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
        Oh, see, I wouldn't know about mdk. I'm one of those
        hard-core psychos who likes setting it all up
        automatically :P

        --- Paul Gratz <pgratz@...> wrote:
        > Actually I found that if you don't put any mode
        > lines in it you will get
        > the max resolution by default through
        > auto-detection. If that does not
        > work let me know and I'll send you my cfg file.
        > Paul
        >
        > On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 16:26, nopoointheloo wrote:
        >
        > > Just installing mandrake 9.1 on my new dell 8500
        > > with a monitor size of 1680 x 1050 + nvidia
        > graphics card
        > > and when it comes to
        > > configuring my monitor it said it isnt configured
        > and
        > > when i try and pick a standard monitor of
        > > 1600 x 1000 the screen goes totally messed up
        > > and i can access the wizard anymore and have to
        > start the installation
        > > again.Can i just install without it configured and
        > > then just get someone elses x-config file and
        > > copy it?
        > > Would this work and if so could someone provide me
        > with this file.
        > > Thanks a lot.

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        =====

        "Black as holes within a memory... blue as our new second sun...
        I stick my hand into the shadows to pull the pieces from the sand,
        Which I attempt to reassemble, to see just who I might have been.
        I do not recognize the vessel, but the eyes seem so familiar...
        Like phosphorescent desert buttons singing one familiar song..."

        - Tool, "Third Eye"

        http://calendar.yahoo.com