Re: [linux-dell-laptops] HELP! Keyboard keeps freezing

  • Andy Farlie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
      You are going to need to provide a little more info than that.

      Distribution and version: (RedHat 9, ...)
      Kernel: 2.4. (run uname -r)
      Hardware: (Del Inspiron 8200,...)
      keyboard: (laptop keyboard, separate USB keyboard, docking station ...)

      Andy

      On Sat, 2003-05-31 at 20:37, jonanscher wrote:
      > i just recently moved to linux and enountered a major problem. the
      > keyboard froze after a few minutes of working with it. i have read
      > several reports of similar things happening, hoqwever, have heard no
      > definative answer to it. Upon shutting the computer down and
      > restarting it, keyboard function returns, however, i lose it fairly
      > quickly. we thought it might be an overheating program, perhaps cause
      > by a failure of the fan to operate properly under linux, but it did
      > not seem overheated at all. Another website suggested installing GPM,
      > some mouse software, but the installation requires libtinfo.so.5 which
      > is extremely rare and i have not been able to find. what can i do?

    • jonanscher
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
        Distribution and version: RedHat 9
        Kernel: 2.4.20-13.9
        Hardware: Dell Inspiron 5000e, 700Mhz, 512 SDRAM
        keyboard: laptop keyboard, no docking station

        anything else?

        thanx,
        Jon