Re: Power management configuration

  • afimrishi
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2003
      > On my machine (4100 with ati radeon) I can just use the bios
      settings (hit Fn
      > - - -F1) to configure apm stuff. I have no suspend to disk
      (hibernate) set up,
      > but suspend to ram and diplay blanking both work perfectly fine
      under both X
      > and console.
      >
      > Peer

      I went into the BIOS and disabled power management for both AC and
      battery power, then rebooted and it still suspends (both X and
      console) after 10 minutes or so. I tried xset dpms 0 0 0 in X and it
      still suspends after 10 minutes or so too.

      Any other ideas? I'm running Debian 2.4.20 kernel on my inspiron 4100
      with ati radeon, APIC is disabled and APM is built into the kernel.
      APM BIOS 1.2 (kernel driver 1.16).

      --William