USB 1.1 and DVD

  • Declan Ingram
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2003

      This is not exactly a Linux question, but ...

      Is USB 1.1 fast enough to watch a DVD ? (900k/s)

      I want to get a USB CDRW/DVD for my Dell Lappy. I found http://www.everythinglinux.com.au/item/BEN55115 (there is a link for an enclosure on the page) My lappy only supports USB 1.1 and the PCMCIA slot has a fat WiFi card in it.. so I would not be able to fit a USB 2 card without taking it out first. ... and I really don't care if I have to wait 15min to burn a CD in stead of 5.

      cheers guys.
      dec
      :wq

      --- Msg sent via @Mail - http://atmail.nl/