Interface init script

  • W.K. Vladmir Ward
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30 1:06 PM
      Hi all

      After getting sick of having to kill old dhcpcd
      processess and restart various services when moving
      networks, I made up a fairly simple little script.
      Hopefully it won't need too much modification to run
      on anyone's system

      I just have a button on my toolbar to run it, for if I
      switch networks. If anyone wants it contact me,
      because if there's something wrong with it I don't
      want to be putting it out where lots of people can see
      my poor bash-scripting skills.

      It's been very useful on my laptop so far, moving
      between work and home when I don't want to reboot I
      can just hit the button to re-lease an address and
      restart whatever processes are dependant.

      Let me know if you want it/what you think! :)

      =====

      "Black as holes within a memory... blue as our new second sun...
      I stick my hand into the shadows to pull the pieces from the sand,
      Which I attempt to reassemble, to see just who I might have been.
      I do not recognize the vessel, but the eyes seem so familiar...
      Like phosphorescent desert buttons singing one familiar song..."

      - Tool, "Third Eye"

      http://calendar.yahoo.com