Re: Trying to get a CPx to install SuSE

  • Peter Nunn
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2003
      Thanks for the XF86 file, but unfortunately the same problem still exists
      (and boy have I tried some combinations).

      This is officially now driving me nuts..

      I simply can't get SuSE to run X on this box.

      It has an ATI Rage Mobility chip in it.

      Part of the output from lspci -v says

      Memory at fd00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]

      and the only failure I seem to get from startx is

      WW (ATI) Failed to set up write-combining range (0xfd00000,0x800000)

      I don't know if this is related or not.

      X runs fine on a Knoppix boot and I copied the XF86Config and XF86Config-4
      from that system onto the Suse one with the same result.

      I then copied the ati_drv.o and atimisc.o from the Knoppix system to the
      SuSE one and still no go.

      I'm just about to give up on this.

      Can anyone help please.

      Thanks.