Re: problem "suspend" with "8200 RH8.0+nVidia4363/drive"

  • Dave Kristol
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2003
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Beifang Yi
      <beifang_yi@y...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      >

      > When I installed RedHat8.0 on my machine:
      > (8200+GeForce4 440/64M) it did well in Suspend (after
      > I plugged out
      > AC and closed the lid) (I did NOT install any nVidia
      > drive at that time).
      >
      > But last week when installed nVidia's 4363(latest)
      > drive, the Suspend crashes: screen black and the power
      > light on and hard drive busy...I have to power off
      > (using the button).
      >
      > Welcome for any advice on how to fix this problem.

      The "official" nVidia drivers do not support suspend. Period.
      However, people have made small custom changes that result in an
      nVidia driver that will do suspend.

      Have a look at <http://kristol.org/david/dell-i8200/>. I have a very
      similar system to yours. I use (modified) nVidia 4191 with suspend
      very successfully. I was unable to make the equivalent change to 4349
      successfully. I haven't tried 4363 yet.

      Dave Kristol